BOARD OF DIRECTORS HOLD STRATEGIC
The VECCS Board of Directors (BOD) last met November 29 to December 1 to conduct a Strategic Planning (SP)
meeting in conjunction the Winter BOD meeting at the Houston Airport Marriott. In addition to the BOD members,
eight other VECCS members representing a broad section of the membership attended. Mr Bob Harris, international
association manager consultant, facilitated. The entire SP plan will be shared with membership when completed in
ﬁnal format. The BOD will ﬁnalize the SP in the next few weeks and ofﬁcially adopt as the VECCS Strategic Plan for
◦ The Society membership as of January 31 was 3515, which is 250 less that January 31, 2017.
◦ The membership system has changed this year from a 12-month, January to December basis to a “rolling
membership” which will be for twelve consecutive months from the date of joining or renewing.
Finance: The society Balance Sheet as of December 31, 2017, reﬂects an extremely strong ﬁnancial position with
assets as of over $5 million, a 16% increase over 2017.
◦ Revenues from IVECCS registration, Membership dues and the Career Board are the primary contributors to
the vastly increased income for 2017
◦ Investments continue to be very strong and provide a robust passive income.
◦ An ofﬁcial Investment Policy Statement (IPS) was approved by the BOD and a Task Force on funding priorities
reported on preliminary strategies for distribution of cash in support of projects consistent with the society
mission and objectives.
Publications: JVECC is doing very well.
◦ More manuscript submissions than last two years; 158 vs 141 and 142 in 2017 and 2016.
◦ Support staff being added to decrease manuscript processing time and shorten the back-log time from sub-
mission to publication.
◦ A new publication, “Essentials in EM/CC” is ready and scheduled to be presented May 2018.
◦ Future JVECC issues for 2018:
VetCOT – Registry Annual Report
ACVECC Consensus Statement on Anticoagulants
Education: Online CE offerings continue to increase.
◦ The WVA portal is being streamlined to allow single sign-in option from VECCS web page.
◦ Now have 22 courses on the WVA portal.
◦ All 2017 MDRs should be available by March 1.
◦ A full slate of VECCS/VIN Webinars are scheduled through May 2018.
© Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society 2018