Purified and highly aggregated chimeric protein DIIIC-2 induces a functional immune response in mice against dengue 2 virus

Purified and highly aggregated chimeric protein DIIIC-2 induces a functional immune response in... It was previously reported that DIIIC-2 (a fusion protein composed of domain III of the envelope protein and the capsid protein from dengue 2 virus), as an aggregate antigen from a partially purified preparation, induced a functional protective immune response against dengue 2 virus in the mouse encephalitis model. In the present work, a purification procedure was developed for DIIIC-2, and soluble and aggregated fractions of the purified protein were characterized and evaluated in mice. The purification process rendered a protein preparation of 91 % purity, and the remaining 9 % consisted of fragments and aggregates of the same recombinant protein. After the in vitro aggregation process, upon addition of oligodeoxynucleotides, 80 % of the protein formed aggregates, whereas 20 % remained as soluble protein. An immunological evaluation revealed the proper immunogenicity of the aggregated purified protein in terms of induction of antiviral and neutralizing antibodies, cell-mediated immunity and protection upon dengue 2 virus challenge in the mouse encephalitis model. Based on these results, we can assert that the purified protein DIIIC-2 is functional and could be used for further scalable steps and preclinical studies in non-human primates. http://www.deepdyve.com/assets/images/DeepDyve-Logo-lg.png Archives of Virology Springer Journals

Purified and highly aggregated chimeric protein DIIIC-2 induces a functional immune response in mice against dengue 2 virus

Loading next page...
 
/lp/springer_journal/purified-and-highly-aggregated-chimeric-protein-diiic-2-induces-a-cSrO0k0PsK
Publisher
Springer Vienna
Copyright
Copyright © 2013 by Springer-Verlag Wien
Subject
Biomedicine; Virology; Medical Microbiology; Infectious Diseases
ISSN
0304-8608
eISSN
1432-8798
D.O.I.
10.1007/s00705-012-1471-z
Publisher site
See Article on Publisher Site

Abstract

It was previously reported that DIIIC-2 (a fusion protein composed of domain III of the envelope protein and the capsid protein from dengue 2 virus), as an aggregate antigen from a partially purified preparation, induced a functional protective immune response against dengue 2 virus in the mouse encephalitis model. In the present work, a purification procedure was developed for DIIIC-2, and soluble and aggregated fractions of the purified protein were characterized and evaluated in mice. The purification process rendered a protein preparation of 91 % purity, and the remaining 9 % consisted of fragments and aggregates of the same recombinant protein. After the in vitro aggregation process, upon addition of oligodeoxynucleotides, 80 % of the protein formed aggregates, whereas 20 % remained as soluble protein. An immunological evaluation revealed the proper immunogenicity of the aggregated purified protein in terms of induction of antiviral and neutralizing antibodies, cell-mediated immunity and protection upon dengue 2 virus challenge in the mouse encephalitis model. Based on these results, we can assert that the purified protein DIIIC-2 is functional and could be used for further scalable steps and preclinical studies in non-human primates.

Journal

Archives of VirologySpringer Journals

Published: Jan 1, 2013

References

You’re reading a free preview. Subscribe to read the entire article.


DeepDyve is your
personal research library

It’s your single place to instantly
discover and read the research
that matters to you.

Enjoy affordable access to
over 18 million articles from more than
15,000 peer-reviewed journals.

All for just $49/month

Explore the DeepDyve Library

Search

Query the DeepDyve database, plus search all of PubMed and Google Scholar seamlessly

Organize

Save any article or search result from DeepDyve, PubMed, and Google Scholar... all in one place.

Access

Get unlimited, online access to over 18 million full-text articles from more than 15,000 scientific journals.

Your journals are on DeepDyve

Read from thousands of the leading scholarly journals from SpringerNature, Elsevier, Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford University Press and more.

All the latest content is available, no embargo periods.

See the journals in your area

DeepDyve

Freelancer

DeepDyve

Pro

Price

FREE

$49/month
$360/year

Save searches from
Google Scholar,
PubMed

Create lists to
organize your research

Export lists, citations

Read DeepDyve articles

Abstract access only

Unlimited access to over
18 million full-text articles

Print

20 pages / month

PDF Discount

20% off