Genotyping of single nucleotide polymorphisms in Fenneropenaeus chinensis (Decapoda, Penaeidae) by tetra-primer ARMA-PCR

Genotyping of single nucleotide polymorphisms in Fenneropenaeus chinensis (Decapoda, Penaeidae)... This study introduced a kind of new SNP genotyping strategy in genetic analysis of Chinese shrimp (Fenneropenaeus chinensis). Twenty SNP tetra-primer ARMA-PCR primer sets were validated and used to investigate the genetic structure of six selected families of marine shrimp F. chinensis. The effective number of alleles ranged from 1.127 to 1.993, with an average value of 1.600. The average values of expected and observed heterozygosities of the SNPs ranged from 0.505∼0.609 and 0.373∼0.487, respectively. Polymorphism information content (PIC) values ranged from 0.145 to 0.373. Among 120 population-locus cases (six populations × twenty loci), only 8 (6.7%) showed significant deviation (P < 0.05), while the other 112 (93.3%) were in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium (HWE) (P > 0.05). The frequencies of minor alleles ranged from 0.378 to 0.497. For the six families, the wild genotype and its allele frequency were significantly higher than that of the mutant genotype and its allele frequency. Fifty five point forty two percent of the population-locus showed heterozygosity. The results indicated that tetra-primer ARMA-PCR is a simple, rapid and efficient method for SNP genotyping which make it useful in a broad aspects of F. chinensis genetic and breeding studies. http://www.deepdyve.com/assets/images/DeepDyve-Logo-lg.png Russian Journal of Marine Biology Springer Journals

Genotyping of single nucleotide polymorphisms in Fenneropenaeus chinensis (Decapoda, Penaeidae) by tetra-primer ARMA-PCR

Loading next page...
 
/lp/springer_journal/genotyping-of-single-nucleotide-polymorphisms-in-fenneropenaeus-1jlVnBTVlz
Publisher
SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
Copyright
Copyright © 2011 by Pleiades Publishing, Ltd.
Subject
Life Sciences; Freshwater & Marine Ecology
ISSN
1063-0740
eISSN
1608-3377
D.O.I.
10.1134/S1063074011050130
Publisher site
See Article on Publisher Site

Abstract

This study introduced a kind of new SNP genotyping strategy in genetic analysis of Chinese shrimp (Fenneropenaeus chinensis). Twenty SNP tetra-primer ARMA-PCR primer sets were validated and used to investigate the genetic structure of six selected families of marine shrimp F. chinensis. The effective number of alleles ranged from 1.127 to 1.993, with an average value of 1.600. The average values of expected and observed heterozygosities of the SNPs ranged from 0.505∼0.609 and 0.373∼0.487, respectively. Polymorphism information content (PIC) values ranged from 0.145 to 0.373. Among 120 population-locus cases (six populations × twenty loci), only 8 (6.7%) showed significant deviation (P < 0.05), while the other 112 (93.3%) were in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium (HWE) (P > 0.05). The frequencies of minor alleles ranged from 0.378 to 0.497. For the six families, the wild genotype and its allele frequency were significantly higher than that of the mutant genotype and its allele frequency. Fifty five point forty two percent of the population-locus showed heterozygosity. The results indicated that tetra-primer ARMA-PCR is a simple, rapid and efficient method for SNP genotyping which make it useful in a broad aspects of F. chinensis genetic and breeding studies.

Journal

Russian Journal of Marine BiologySpringer Journals

Published: Nov 9, 2011

References

You’re reading a free preview. Subscribe to read the entire article.


DeepDyve is your
personal research library

It’s your single place to instantly
discover and read the research
that matters to you.

Enjoy affordable access to
over 12 million articles from more than
10,000 peer-reviewed journals.

All for just $49/month

Explore the DeepDyve Library

Unlimited reading

Read as many articles as you need. Full articles with original layout, charts and figures. Read online, from anywhere.

Stay up to date

Keep up with your field with Personalized Recommendations and Follow Journals to get automatic updates.

Organize your research

It’s easy to organize your research with our built-in tools.

Your journals are on DeepDyve

Read from thousands of the leading scholarly journals from SpringerNature, Elsevier, Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford University Press and more.

All the latest content is available, no embargo periods.

See the journals in your area

DeepDyve Freelancer

DeepDyve Pro

Price
FREE
$49/month

$360/year
Save searches from Google Scholar, PubMed
Create lists to organize your research
Export lists, citations
Read DeepDyve articles
Abstract access only
Unlimited access to over
18 million full-text articles
Print
20 pages/month
PDF Discount
20% off