Genetic differentiation of common wheat cultivars using multiple alleles of gliadin-coding loci

Genetic differentiation of common wheat cultivars using multiple alleles of gliadin-coding loci The alleles of gliadin-coding loci have been identified in 105 spring common wheat cultivars bred in Omsk and Saratov by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. It has been shown that 49% of the Omsk cultivars and 40% of the Saratov cultivars are heterogeneous, i.e., composed of several biotypes that differ in alleles of the gliadin-coding loci. A total of 278 genotypes have been determined (170 in the Saratov cultivars and 112 in the Omsk cultivars); in these two groups of cultivars, four genotypes are identical. Due to this heterogeneity, the cultivars bred in Omsk and Saratov can be differentiated in a statistically significant manner despite their close kinship, which allows them to be ascribed an accession to a particular breeding center based on the gliadin pattern and the number or frequency of biotypes, as well as to determine its species affiliation with a 95% probability. Close relations prevent 5% of the Saratov cultivars and 4.4% of the Omsk cultivars from being distinguished within populations, since they have identical alleles of gliadin-coding loci. http://www.deepdyve.com/assets/images/DeepDyve-Logo-lg.png Russian Journal of Genetics Springer Journals

Genetic differentiation of common wheat cultivars using multiple alleles of gliadin-coding loci

Loading next page...
 
/lp/springer_journal/genetic-differentiation-of-common-wheat-cultivars-using-multiple-YA6BEW3wSU
Publisher
SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
Copyright
Copyright © 2013 by Pleiades Publishing, Ltd.
Subject
Biomedicine; Human Genetics; Animal Genetics and Genomics; Microbial Genetics and Genomics
ISSN
1022-7954
eISSN
1608-3369
D.O.I.
10.1134/S1022795413020087
Publisher site
See Article on Publisher Site

Abstract

The alleles of gliadin-coding loci have been identified in 105 spring common wheat cultivars bred in Omsk and Saratov by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. It has been shown that 49% of the Omsk cultivars and 40% of the Saratov cultivars are heterogeneous, i.e., composed of several biotypes that differ in alleles of the gliadin-coding loci. A total of 278 genotypes have been determined (170 in the Saratov cultivars and 112 in the Omsk cultivars); in these two groups of cultivars, four genotypes are identical. Due to this heterogeneity, the cultivars bred in Omsk and Saratov can be differentiated in a statistically significant manner despite their close kinship, which allows them to be ascribed an accession to a particular breeding center based on the gliadin pattern and the number or frequency of biotypes, as well as to determine its species affiliation with a 95% probability. Close relations prevent 5% of the Saratov cultivars and 4.4% of the Omsk cultivars from being distinguished within populations, since they have identical alleles of gliadin-coding loci.

Journal

Russian Journal of GeneticsSpringer Journals

Published: May 14, 2013

References

You’re reading a free preview. Subscribe to read the entire article.


DeepDyve is your
personal research library

It’s your single place to instantly
discover and read the research
that matters to you.

Enjoy affordable access to
over 18 million articles from more than
15,000 peer-reviewed journals.

All for just $49/month

Explore the DeepDyve Library

Search

Query the DeepDyve database, plus search all of PubMed and Google Scholar seamlessly

Organize

Save any article or search result from DeepDyve, PubMed, and Google Scholar... all in one place.

Access

Get unlimited, online access to over 18 million full-text articles from more than 15,000 scientific journals.

Your journals are on DeepDyve

Read from thousands of the leading scholarly journals from SpringerNature, Elsevier, Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford University Press and more.

All the latest content is available, no embargo periods.

See the journals in your area

DeepDyve

Freelancer

DeepDyve

Pro

Price

FREE

$49/month
$360/year

Save searches from
Google Scholar,
PubMed

Create lists to
organize your research

Export lists, citations

Read DeepDyve articles

Abstract access only

Unlimited access to over
18 million full-text articles

Print

20 pages / month

PDF Discount

20% off