Virology Division News
Verleger: Springer-Verlag KG, Sachsenplatz 4–6, A-1201 Wien. – Herausgeber: Dr. M.
V. Van Regenmortel, CNRS,
Institut de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, F-67084 Strasbourg, France. – Redaktion: Sachsenplatz 4–6, A-1201 Wien.
– Satz und Umbruch: Thomson Press (India) Ltd., New Delhi. – Offsetdruck: Adolf Holzhausens Nachfolger, Kandl-
gasse 19–21, A-1070 Wien. – Herstellungsort: Wien. – Printed in Austria.
Xlth Meeting of the European Study Group on Molecular Biology
of Picornaviruses (EUROPIC)
May 25–31, 2000, Zagare Bay (Gargano), Italy
This meeting is held under the auspices of the Federation of European Microbiological
Societies (FEMS). Lectures contributed by invited speakers will provide a fresh, interpreta-
tive review of all aspects and issues in the field, including:
– Structural studies on the virion and receptors;
– Virus-host cell interactions;
– Virus-directed protein synthesis;
– Molecular biology of RNA replication and recombination;
– Variability and evolution;
– Molecular epidemiology and pathology of emergent and re-emergent picornavirus
– Eradication of poliomyelitis: diagnostics, verification, assessment, control, vaccine
Besides the Main Sessions, Round Tables, and Topic Discussions, Posters will be on
display for the entire duration of the meeting.
Young Scientists: Graduate students and post-docs are strongly encouraged to participate
and whenever possible to contribute the results of their work.
Fellowships: A limited number of fellowships will be available, partly to defray the costs of
those who otherwise would not be able to attend.
Venue: Zagare Bay (Gargano), in the close vicinity of Foggia, is still one of the finest (and
best preserved) seaside resorts on the Adriatic side of Southern Italy.
Further Information: Costs, detailed program, deadlines, application and abstracts forms
are available on the website: http://www.europic2000.it
For further information, please contact the organizer: Prof. R. Pérez Bercoff, Dept. Cell. &
Develop. Biol., Viale di Porta Tiburtina 28, 00185-Rome (Italy), Fax ++39-06-446 2306,