Abstract The aim of the article is to provide the answer to the question concerning the Russian teaching staff and its nationality in Lublin Seconday School. The author of the article discusses the stages of the teaching carteer of Russian teachers. According to the law established in 1833, after the fall of November uprising, the school authorities introduced the Russian language to the Polish school. In 1832-1864 Russian was taught by 22 teachers in Lublin Secondary School. Among them there were three Russian head-masters. Russian was also taught by teachers of other nationalities including Polish, Ukrainian, Lithuanian and Georgian. The first Russian, who taught his native language in Lublin in 1834-1836 was professor Jan Aleksandrowski. He had taught in Krzemieniec before. He started teaching there in 1807 and was considered to be an exceptionally amiable and competent teacher by schoolboys who did not pay attention to russification.
Annales UMCS, Historia – de Gruyter
Published: Mar 1, 2015