FATAL POISONING FROM SODIUM DINITROPHENOL
An Italian girl, aged 21, was admitted with a complaint of excessive perspiration, high fever and excessive thirst. In childhood she had measles, mumps and chickenpox and five years before admission had an appendectomy. The family stated that the patient had always been nervous since the operation and had been allowed to have her own way around the house.
For a time the patient had been taking capsules, one three times a day, of a preparation known commercially as "Nitro-Bese," for...