Get 20M+ Full-Text Papers For Less Than $1.50/day. Start a 14-Day Trial for You or Your Team.

Learn More →

Dermatologic Training and Practice in Thailand

Dermatologic Training and Practice in Thailand This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables. Abstract THE TOTAL number of qualified dermatologists in Thailand as of 1994 is 240 (150 men and 90 women) for a population of 60 million. Among these, 75% practice in Bangkok and the other 25% practice in the provinces. Consequently, the ratio of dermatologists to the population at large is 1 to 250 000. As many dermatologists practice in Bangkok instead of the provinces, the dermatologic services in the provinces are very limited and insufficient. Patients with chronic skin diseases still believe in coming to the city for better care. Dermatologic training is one of the most popular subspecialties among young physicians in Thailand. There are nine medical schools in Thailand, eight run by the government and one privately run; six medical schools are in Bangkok and the other three are in the provinces. The total number of medical graduates is about 800 per year. According to government regulations, new graduates http://www.deepdyve.com/assets/images/DeepDyve-Logo-lg.png Archives of Dermatology American Medical Association

Dermatologic Training and Practice in Thailand

Archives of Dermatology , Volume 131 (7) – Jul 1, 1995

Loading next page...
 
/lp/american-medical-association/dermatologic-training-and-practice-in-thailand-Iiz3RMv3ur
Publisher
American Medical Association
Copyright
Copyright © 1995 American Medical Association. All Rights Reserved.
ISSN
0003-987X
eISSN
1538-3652
DOI
10.1001/archderm.1995.01690190081015
Publisher site
See Article on Publisher Site

Abstract

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables. Abstract THE TOTAL number of qualified dermatologists in Thailand as of 1994 is 240 (150 men and 90 women) for a population of 60 million. Among these, 75% practice in Bangkok and the other 25% practice in the provinces. Consequently, the ratio of dermatologists to the population at large is 1 to 250 000. As many dermatologists practice in Bangkok instead of the provinces, the dermatologic services in the provinces are very limited and insufficient. Patients with chronic skin diseases still believe in coming to the city for better care. Dermatologic training is one of the most popular subspecialties among young physicians in Thailand. There are nine medical schools in Thailand, eight run by the government and one privately run; six medical schools are in Bangkok and the other three are in the provinces. The total number of medical graduates is about 800 per year. According to government regulations, new graduates

Journal

Archives of DermatologyAmerican Medical Association

Published: Jul 1, 1995

There are no references for this article.