Within the last year
Within the past 3 years
1 - 10 of 21 articles
Erratum The effect of hypolipidaemic agents on peroxisomal β-oxidation and mixed-function oxidase activities in primary cultures of rat hepatocytes. Relationship between induction of palmitoyl-CoA oxidation and lauric acid hydroxylation
1. Daily treatment of female rats with butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) protected against 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo- p -dioxin (TCDD) toxicity. This protective effect was associated with reduced microsomal lipid peroxidation, increased glutathione peroxidase (GSH-PX) activity and decreased aryl...
1. Lipophilic azo compounds possessing 1-phenylazo-2-naphthol or 1-phenylazo-2-naphthylamine moieties induced cytochrome P-448 and related mono-oxygenase activities, UDP-glucuronyltransferase activity towards p -nitrophenol, glutathione- S -transferase activity towards...
1. Glutathione- S -transferase (GST) from the liver cytosol of phenobarbital (PB)-treated rabbits was purified by DEAE-cellulose, CM-cellulose and hydroxylapatite column chromatography. 2. Four species of GST were obtained by eluting the CM-cellulose column with a linear KCl gradient, and the...
1. Rats were exposed by inhalation to low levels of diesel exhaust and/or coal dust, seven hours/day, five days/week for 24 months. 2. Cytochrome P-450-associated benzo( a )pyrene hydroxylase and 7-ethoxycoumarin deethylase activities were assayed in lung and liver microsomes after 3, 6, and 24...
1. Topical application of ellagic acid, a common plant phenol, to control or to 3-methylcholanthrene (3-MC) pretreated Balb/C mice, resulted in significant inhibition of hepatic and epidermal microsomal aryl hydrogen hydroxylase activity, and of benzo( a )pyrene (BP) binding to epidermal and...
1. Human- and rat-liver microsomes convert the lindane metabolite, β-PCCH (β-1,3,4,5,6-pentachlorocyclohex-1-ene (3,4,6/5-PCCH)) to the metabolites: 1,2,4-TCB (1,2,4-trichlorobenzene), 1,2,3,4-TTCB (1,2,3,4-tetrachlorobenzene), 2,4,5-TCP (2,4,5-trichlorophenol), 3,4,5/6-PCCOL...
1. Glutathione (GSH) transferase-mediated and non-enzymatic activation and detoxication of 3-hydroxyamino-1-methyl-5H-pyrido(4,3- b )indole (N-OH-Trp-P-2) were studied in vitro. N-OH-Trp-P-2 is an active metabolite of 3-amino-1-methyl-5 H -pyrido(4,3- b )indole (Trp-P-2), a mutagenic and...
1. Bromobenzene-3,4-oxide can be detected in venous blood of rats by trapping it as the corresponding 35 (S)glutathione conjugates. 2. More bromobenzene-3,4-oxide is detected in venous blood of rats treated with phenobarbital and diethyl maleate than in venous blood of rats treated with...
Read and print from thousands of top scholarly journals.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Google
Already have an account? Log in
Save this article to read later. You can see your Read Later on your DeepDyve homepage.
To save an article, log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
Sign Up Log In
To subscribe to email alerts, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
To get new article updates from a journal on your personalized homepage, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.