Within the last year
Within the past 3 years
1 - 10 of 11 articles
1. The anterior segments of Nereis are oriented reflexly by passive unilateral tension of the posterior musculature. 2. The afferent impulses of the homostrophic reflex rise from any part of the worm and are conducted forward by way of the ventral nerve cord. 3. The efferent impulses flow out...
A viscometer is described, particularly adapted to the measurement of colloidal solutions and physiological liquids (serum, blood), which, although doing away with the capillary tube (which is difficult to handle and to clean), requires less than 1 cc. of liquid. The readings are rapid, from 30...
1. It is shown that the concentrations of different salts required to precipitate suspensions of gelatin-coated collodion particles in water are practically identical with the concentrations of the same salts required for the "salting out" of gelatin from aqueous solutions . Neither effect shows...
By perfusing frogs for varying periods with potassium-free Ringer solutions having a pH ranging from 6.0 to 8.0, it has been determined that such solutions have little or no effect upon the retention of potassium by muscle cells. Footnotes Submitted: 20 January 1923
1. Under laboratory conditions Limulus from 20 to 60 mm. in diameter are positively phototropic, and execute circus movements towards the normal side, when the median and the opposite lateral eyes are removed or covered. 2. The phototropism of Limulus may be modified or obliterated by ( a )...
1. Chloroform in low concentration (0.25 per cent) causes an increase in the rate of production of CO 2 in Ulva; this is followed by a decrease. In higher concentration (0.5 per cent) only a decrease is observed. 2. Assuming that the normal oxidation depends on the action of peroxide and...
An extensive amount of data is presented on the growth in weight of the dairy cow from 2 to 17 years of age, covering practically the entire duration of life. The data show that after the age of 2 years the rate of growth declines in a non-cyclic manner. The course of decline in growth follows...
1. It has been shown in preceding publications that the membrane potentials of protein solutions or gels are determined by differences in the concentration of a common ion ( e.g . hydrogen ion) inside a protein solution or protein gel and an outside aqueous solution free from protein, and that...
It is shown that the course of decline of milk secretion with the advance of the period of lactation may be expressed by the equation of a monomolecular chemical reaction; that is, the percentage decline of milk secretion with the advance of the stage of lactation is constant. This substantiates...
Read and print from thousands of top scholarly journals.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Google
Already have an account? Log in
Save this article to read later. You can see your Read Later on your DeepDyve homepage.
To save an article, log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
Sign Up Log In
To subscribe to email alerts, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
To get new article updates from a journal on your personalized homepage, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.