Within the last year
Within the past 3 years
1 - 10 of 10 articles
1. Grafts of embryonic tissue obtained at operation and implanted in the mother, will grow well in case she no longer carries young. The growth is no more rapid than that in favorable nonpregnant aliens, but persists for a longer period without retrogression and results in a greater variety of...
1. Two important methods for the study of malarial pigment are described. ( a ) A method for obtaining a solution of malarial pigment from fixed tissues without the removal of a trace of hemoglobin from the red blood corpuscles. ( b ) A method for obtaining an iron reaction in malarial pigment....
1. Hypertrophy induced by the production of aortic insufficiency involves all the chambers of the heart. The greatest absolute increase in weight is in the left ventricle. The remaining segments, arranged in the order of decreasing increments are septum, right ventricle, and auricles. The...
The so-called syphilitic antibodies can be removed from a serum by means of absorption with barium sulphate. The removal is due either to an adsorption or a mechanical absorption. The activity of the syphilitic antibodies is thereby unimpaired. The readiness with which the absorption is...
The results in these experiments seem to justify us in concluding that the growth of mouse tumors in rats is very definitely promoted by mouse-rat parabiosis, the percentage of " takes" being markedly increased, the rate of growth accelerated, and the duration of active growth extended to at...
1. The description of two distinct types of æstivo-autumnal crescentic parasites given by Craig in Osler's Modern Medicine (with difference in extremities, amount and form of pigment, double-outline, etc.), I have been unable to confirm. 2. The crescentic parasite is throughout its entire...
Implanted mixtures of mouse embryo and tumor sometimes result in an excellent growth of both. To assure this, it is necessary that the tumor selected be one which proliferates slowly, because more active ones prevent the development of the fragments of embryo. Transplanted embryonic tissue (of...
1. Under certain conditions, mechanical agitation destroys the complementary activity of guinea pig serum. It is most injurious when carried out constantly at a temperature of 37° C., but it is extremely insignificant at 10° C. After the first few hours at 37° C., the destruction of complement...
Save this article to read later. You can see your Read Later on your DeepDyve homepage.
To save an article, log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don't already have one.
Sign Up Log In
To subscribe to email alerts, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don't already have one.
Read and print from thousands of top scholarly journals.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Google
Already have an account? Log in
To get new article updates from a journal on your personalized homepage, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don't already have one.