1 - 10 of 47 articles
—Dr Hirsch raises an important point with our study and appropriately questions whether the specific instance described was an error on the part of the referral laboratory in reporting the result of the prothrombin time or whether the error resulted from incorrect...
—To investigate the use of hospital care from all causes among former top-level athletes from different vigorous sports to determine whether health benefits or adverse effects have the greater influence.
—In our study, 88% of physicians who received requests for physician-assisted death during the past year reported only receiving a single request, and 95% reported 1 or 2 requests. The remaining 5% of physicians who received 3 or more requests in the past year were not...
To the Editor.
—In the Resident Forum calling for resident physicians to look more favorably on "alternative medicine," Dr Dyer1 equates the term with "treatments and practices that have not gained wide acceptance or have not yet had adequate scientific research to...
This interesting work of intellectual history articulates a point of view with which I disagree, as will most physicians. Nonetheless, it is enjoyable, thought-provoking, and important. Its scope is far beyond its modest title. Witnessing Insanity has clear implications beyond psychiatry...
The impetus for this book, according to its authors, was "the desire to restore a vision of medicine's proper ends and [to] reform medical practice." The book does not completely attain these lofty ideals, but it does present to its readers (members of the medical profession and the lay...
APPROXIMATELY 90% of all initiation of tobacco use occurs among persons aged ≤ years, and the prevalence of tobacco use among adolescents is increasing.1,2 Despite laws prohibiting the sale of tobacco to minors in all states and the District of Columbia, most minors are able to purchase...
Read and print from thousands of top scholarly journals.
Continue with Facebook
Sign up with Google
Log in with Microsoft
Already have an account? Log in
Bookmark this article. You can see your Bookmarks on your DeepDyve Library.
To save an article, log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
Sign Up Log In
To subscribe to email alerts, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
To get new article updates from a journal on your personalized homepage, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.