1 - 10 of 39 articles
• Injection of a local anesthetic such as tetracaine about the stellate ganglion aids the diagnosis and relieves the symptoms of many functional disturbances in the upper extremity, chest, head, and neck. An anterior, paratracheal approach to the ganglion, here described, has been used...
• Volunteer subjects exposed themselves by immersing the right foot in a basin of water that had been contaminated either by the previous immersion of a foot with proved fungous disease or by the addition of fungus culture material. Clinical fungous disease of the foot did not result in...
• Patients receiving uninterrupted medication with either chlorpromazine or reserpine constituted a control group for comparison with a group in whom the medication was interrupted by one month of medication with a placebo. Both chlorpromazine and reserpine caused significant behavioral...
• A single injection of 600,000 units of benzathine penicillin G was given intramuscularly to each of 2,913 recruits whose throat cultures had yielded beta-hemolytic streptococci. In 624 of these cases the streptococci were classified as group A, and the single injection of antibiotic...
In this new edition of a guide to an orderly display of the structures of the human body the editor has again made a good effort to discriminate between the more important and the less important structures by the use of boldface type. Very few changes in figures or text have been made...
• Hyperinsulinism in forms satisfying rigid diagnostic criteria was found in 91 cases. The attacks must be associated with exercise or fasting, the blood sugar level during an attack must be less than 50 mg. per 100 cc., and the attack must be relieved by the administration of sugar....
• Edrophonium chloride is a cholinergic drug characterized by prompt, brief action on patients with myasthenia gravis. The response consists of temporary increase in muscle strength and general subjective improvement. If the diagnosis has been correct there is no ensuing fasciculation in...
Read and print from thousands of top scholarly journals.
Continue with Facebook
Sign up with Google
Log in with Microsoft
Already have an account? Log in
Bookmark this article. You can see your Bookmarks on your DeepDyve Library.
To save an article, log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
Sign Up Log In
To subscribe to email alerts, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
To get new article updates from a journal on your personalized homepage, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.