1 - 6 of 6 articles
– One important contribution of variation theory to learning study is that it brings the focus of the learning study sharply on the object of learning and provides a theoretical grounding to understand some of the necessary conditions of learning. The purpose of this paper is to argue that...
– This paper reports on how a group of secondary school teachers collaborated in a school‐based professional development called Learning Study to improve accounting students' performance on the drawing up of cash budgets.Design/methodology/approach – In drawing up cash budgets – the object of...
– The purpose of this paper is to describe two kinds of crucial incidents analysis that Chinese teachers employ during traditional Chinese Teaching Research Group (TRG) activities to analyze their lessons.Design/methodology/approach – Chinese educators have engaged for several decades in...
Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to report on a “Learning Study” program developed in Hong Kong that attempted to foster the learning of pre‐service teachers through a new, collaborative, inquiry‐based approach. Design/methodology/approach – A case study is used to illustrate how and what...
– Teacher education and professional development have long been criticized for failing to induct and engage teachers in discourses of classroom deliberation. Lesson studies have contributed to an emerging discourse in which teachers come together to study classroom teaching to improve student...
– The purpose of this paper is to describe the development of Lesson Study (LS) in England through a Teaching and Learning Research Programme (TLRP) project – from early ideas, to a national pilot and national support from the National Strategies, a new labour government agency supporting...
Read and print from thousands of top scholarly journals.
Continue with Facebook
Sign up with Google
Log in with Microsoft
Already have an account? Log in
Bookmark this article. You can see your Bookmarks on your DeepDyve Library.
To save an article, log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
Sign Up Log In
To subscribe to email alerts, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
To get new article updates from a journal on your personalized homepage, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.