1 - 6 of 6 articles
– The purpose of this paper is to chart the chronology of insurance regulation in Ireland and evaluate the integration within European Union directives.Design/methodology/approach – The approach used was to chart the development of insurance regulation in Ireland and establish the stakeholders...
– The UK responded with Bribery Act 2010 (BA 2010) after various international criticisms. The purpose of this article is to review its implications for UK regulated firms and foreign equivalents.Design/methodology/approach – The approach adopted is qualitative relying on primary and secondary...
– The purpose of this paper is to investigate the informational opacity of Tunisian banks versus non‐banking firms taking into account information environment changes.Design/methodology/approach – This research uses the synchronicity of stock returns as a proxy of informational opacity. It also...
– Recent events demonstrate that problems in the banking system pose a significant threat to the health of the global economy. Despite several shortcomings the Basel Accord thus emerges as an attempt to protect banking systems. The purpose of this study is to shed light on potential barriers to...
– Nowadays, a very interesting issue that matters both to academics and practitioners is the necessity and/or the usefulness of financial market regulation. This topic has many alternative dimensions, one of which concerns the derivative listing process. The main objective of the derivative's...
– The Isle of Man, a British Isles offshore jurisdiction located in the middle of the Irish Sea, has experienced three separate bank collapses during a relatively brief 26 year period. These collapses have affected in excess of 20,000 depositors and inflicted significant damage on investor...
Read and print from thousands of top scholarly journals.
Continue with Facebook
Log in with Microsoft
Already have an account? Log in
Bookmark this article. You can see your Bookmarks on your DeepDyve Library.
To save an article, log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
Sign Up Log In
To subscribe to email alerts, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
To get new article updates from a journal on your personalized homepage, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.